Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Community Radio St. Louis highlights XIII

Wednesday morning standouts:

Feel Like Going Home

  • See You Later, I'm Gone-Whitney (The subtle arrangement of this vocals-and-guitar track, released in May, makes its lyrics sound all the more sincere.)
  • Rockets & Flowers-The Bamboos (This new release has a pleasant '70s R&B feel that could segue with  Greenflow's "I Got'cha'.")
  • Beyond That Moon-Madison Cunningham (One of 2026's more heartfelt singer-songwriter tracks.  Cunningham's vocals acknowledge how painful the end of a relationship is when it's not your desired outcome.)
  • Human Mind-Mavis Staples (Lyrically and vocally, "Human Mind" works on two levels; it speaks to the resilience one needs when grappling with a personal setback or loss and also to the coping mechanisms people need as a collective during unjust times.) 
Shady Grove

  • Blue Moon Waltz-Roger Netherton (This tasteful fiddle piece could segue with Gloria Attoun's "Barefoot Waltz."  I'd be curious to hear Nickel Creek cover this.)
  • Salt Spring-John Reischman (A sunny, steady mandolin melody.)