Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Online radio sampler highlights CCCVII (International edition)

Today, I decided, "Why limit the radio stations I sample for this blog to just American ones?"  Hence, my first international edition of Online radio sampler highlights.  These are seven standout tunes I've heard today:

CJRT-FM (Toronto, Canada) 

  • Follow You, Follow Me-Chester Thompson Trio (Thompson's drumming underscores this pleasant jazz piano-led version of one of the best Genesis hits.)

Connemara Community Radio (Connemara, Ireland)

  • The Wedding Jig-Gerry O'Connor (I'm always up for this type of spirited, uptempo fiddling.)

FIP (Paris, France)

  • I Can't Turn You Loose-Otis Redding (Rhythmically and lyrically, this would segue easily with "I Can't Help Myself" by The Four Tops.)
  • Confusion Song-Luna Li (Swirling, celestial instrumentation augments the endearing dream pop vocals compellingly.)
  • Melanie-Gary Burton (Warm vibraphone jazz with just enough dissonance to keep things interesting.)

Tilos Radio (Budapest, Hungary)

  • New Day (Quentin Harris Remix)-Atelewo (Sometimes, with techno music, less is more.  When you have a beat that works, why not stay with it and keep it relatively undistracted?)
  • Relics-Studio Pressure (This track illustrates how critical percussion is in underscoring certain techno arrangements.)