Sunday, August 23, 2026

FM dial scan highlights CCCXI

Five recommended tunes heard today:

WSIE 88.7 FM

  • Sincerely-Claudia Hayden (An uptempo smooth jazz flute number with a dash of mystery, released in July.)
  • Francisco-Jackie McLean (McLean's dominant saxophone playing steers the course of this energetic Latin jazz-meets-bop track.  I'd segue this with Vince Guaraldi's "The Love Of A Rose.")

KSHE 94.7 FM

  • It Wouldn't Have Made Any Difference-Todd Rundgren (This is one of Rundgren's softer, subtler tracks.  Alison Krauss covered it effectively.)
  • Titles-Barclay James Harvest (The vocal harmonies and guitar strumming on this strung together list of Beatles song titles sounds like a group of friends playing around a campfire.  The Thorns would have sounded smooth covering this.)

KLOU 103.3 FM

  • Dare Me-The Pointer Sisters (Rhythmically and vocally, this is one of the group's stronger hits.  I'm surprised that KLOU's 1985 rebroadcast of "American Top 40" marks the first time I've heard it in decades.)