Saturday, August 29, 2026

A function of age LIII

Recently, I listened to a radio air check tape I recorded 40 years ago.  It was a refreshing blast to hear various jazz and soft rock tunes played on a Friday in November 1986.  Although I enjoyed being reminded of various songs I hadn't heard in a while, I kept thinking, "November 1986...That was during my first semester as a high school sophomore.  So much had yet to happen in the world and in my life."

While I'd rather be an adult than the high school sophomore I was then, it was pleasant to think back to that Friday night decades ago.  So much of my life was still ahead of me--and that night, I was just focused on hearing the best music I could find.

Decades later, I still seek out the best music and radio stations I can find--but with more wisdom, I think, than I had 40 years ago.